Wednesday, January 19, 2011
Things to Make Thursday! Recycled CD Snoman
I found this awesome recycled into a craft item at allfreecrafts.com.
Recycle a CD and a juice can lid ornament in this Christmas craft to make a snowman ornament.
juice can lid
chenille stems - one brown, one red
two plastic eyes
small piece of orange craft foam or felt
white spray paint
black permanent marker
small piece of fabric or yarn to use as a scarf
two small pom poms
1. Spray paint the CD and a juice can lid on both sides in white paint. Let dry.
2. Glue the eyes, and a small triangular piece of craft foam for the nose, to the juice can lid. Make a series of dots with black permanent pen to represent the snowman's mouth.
4. Cut a length of red chenille stem to fit around the top of the juice can lid, extending down a little less than halfway. This is top of the ear muffs. Glue a small pom pom on each end of the chenille stem to finish the ear muffs.
5. Glue the completed snowman head on top of the CD.
6. Tie yarn, cord or a small strip of fabric around the neck as a scarf.
7. Cut a brown chenille stem in quarters. Take two pieces and twist one around the other to form a stick arm, as shown on the photo. Repeat to make the other arm. Glue the arms in place on each shoulder area.
8. Glue three buttons down the front to finish. If desired, add a loop of cord to hang.