Monday, October 4, 2010
Money Saving Monday! 33 Ways to Get a Great Deal! 11-20
As I promised, I am listing the next 10 ways that you can get a great deal as found in Better Homes and Gardens magazine, issue July 2010.
11. Got an iPhone? Download the free Coupon Sherpa app and get discounts delivered directly to your phone. To redeem a coupon, just show your phone to the cashier.
12. Most items bought on target.com, jcpenney.com, and walmart.com can be returned to the store, so you don't have to pay return shipping.
We Love...A Good Value!
13. Don't be shy about asking for a better deal on a big-ticket item. if they won't come down on price, ask for a value-add, like free delivery or installation. The worst they can do is say no, then you decide whether to buy anyway or walk away.
14. Original, one-of-a-kind art can be spendy. Visit UGallery.com and etsy.com, which sell the work of recent art school grads and budding artists at reasonable prices.
15. 3M Command Hooks are the best bargain for organizing. Put them up anywhere to hold backpacks, purses, robes, pajamas, towels, etc. They come in different colors and sizes and they come down without damaging your walls.
16. The golden rule for shopping home decor at a discount store: Stick with items that have the fewest materials and embellishments. Simple, timeless things--a glass hurricane, a wooden bowl, solid-color cotton napkins--will perform better and have a place in your home longer.
17. Join the rewards programs at your favorite stores to earn discounts (So all those membership cards don't clog your wallet, store them in a gift card tin in your car or purse.)
We Love...Secret Sources
18. Old-fashioned corner hardware stores and feed stores always have interesting things. Head down the aisle with all of the galvanized metal=--buckets, pails, chicken feeders make unique and affordable storage containers.
19. Sign up at estatesales.net to get e-mail notifications of tags sales, estate sales, and auctions in your area.
20. Shop consignment stores. They usually take only high-quality items, and prices drop dramatically the longer an item sits on the floor. Upholstered pieces are typically in excellent condition.