Friday, September 10, 2010
Feel Good Friday! You've Got a Friend
There are so many things going on in every one's lives especially this time of the year. Do we pay enough attention to what is going on in our friends' lives? Are they in need of a pick me up or something just to say, "I'm thinking of you". I have some wonderful friends who do this for me :) I found this tiny article in the March 2010 issue of Parenting magazine.
Between the economy and, well, life, there's a good chance you've got a friend going through a rough time--a job loss, a divorce, a tough kid. But knowing how to help (and when to step back) isn't always easy. Consider these simple ways to offer support.
1. Bring coffee--and yummy doughnuts--in the morning.
2. Leave an encouraging note in her mailbox.
3. Take her kids for the day.
4. Squeeze her hand. Some moments need no words.
5. Go over just to gossip.
6. Burn a CD of her favorite tunes (or yours!)
7. E-mail an upbeat horoscope.
8. Rent funny movies to watch together.